Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Settling In

So....what am I supposed to be doing right now instead of writing this?

I've got tomorrow night's dinner cooking, and we just finished eating tonight's dinner, which I made after getting home from work.  Both boys had orthodontist appointments, so drove them there (teeth fix, teeth fix), then to Publix for a quick stock up, before coming home and starting dinner around 6, and getting it on the table a little after 7.  This is all still new.  Figured I work on tomorrow's dinner tonight and get it ready to go into the crockpot in the morning.

I had energy to do all this because I rode my bike to work this morning.  It doesn't matter how early I get up, I'm always rushing to get out the door.  I want to leave at 6:50 and probably started pedaling about 6:57.  I hit the lights well today so timing was good.  But dang it was cold.  My legs were fine: I had my neon yellow tights on.  But my upper body was pretty chilled.  I warmed up with the ride to where the contrast felt good.   My skin was cold on the outside but heat was pouring out of the inside.  It was a foggy morning, my first.  And that added another fun aspect to the ride: my glasses kept getting wet, just like the windshield of a car.  However, I don't have windshield wipers on my glasses.  Maybe next pair.

I'm supposed to be studying for my licensing exam, which is Thursday.  But I can't read another word about insurance tonight.   I'm gonna finish the chores I'm working on, including cleaning the kitchen, and head to bed.  I did have a talk with the boys about how their responsibilities are going to change around here.  The key phrase is 'going to'.  If we just left those two words out and added the ing to change (after dropping the e of course) then it would all be good.  It's a work in progress.

Work's going well.  I get another pay check on Thursday.  I'm so excited.  I get paid!  I get paid!  I feel like doing the Snoopy dance.

The boys are taking off for a four day in the mountains this weekend.  I want to go, but I can't get any time off work.  I miss the mountains, man.  So, I get to be all by myself for four days.  That should be an adventure.

OK, tomorrow night's dinner needs my attention.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment