Saturday, June 4, 2011

There's a reason they call it work

I've been back at work since the end of January. 

I knew how lucky I'd been before to be able to stay home.  I hope I let my husband know how grateful I was for the time I got.  I got years to perfect the art of being a domestic goddess.  (I never learned the art of keeping my house clean, however.) I was definitely spoiled rotten.  I still am, I've just got to go to work 4 or 5 days a week.  Sigh.

Is the job that bad?  No, not at all.  I work for a great company.  I spend all day on the phone and talk to nice people, most of whom absolutely love the company I work for.  I mean, really, who loves their insurance company, or their bank?  USAA members do.

I just miss my free time...so much!

I miss time to go thrifting.  I miss time to take my dog to the woods for a walk.  I miss riding my bike all the time.  I miss cooking.  I miss baking.  I miss sitting on the computer at home and hearing what my boys are doing in the background. I miss going to shows (sorta, this aging thing has something to do with it.) I miss my friends.  I miss going to the station and doing a show.  Basically, I miss my freedom.

So, it's not forever.  If I can ever get a regular schedule and get into a rhythm I'm hoping I can find a way to fit exercise back into my life.  Only getting a ride in two times a week is just not working for me.  On one hand, I'm enjoying getting a paycheck and not feeling under the gun financially; on the other hand I'm already trying to figure out how long before I can retire.

Is this post hopelessly whiny?  Probably.  I am grateful for what I have and am grateful for what I had in the past.  I am counting my blessings.  I just wish work didn't take up so much of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment