Wednesday, June 2, 2010

House smells

My husband swears I'm crazy, but each place I go has it's own unique smell. Just as each person has their own unique smell, so does each place.  Each of my friends' houses have their own distinct odor.  It's not bad, it just is.  It's a person's aura, I think, that settles into their living area.  When my friend, Cindy, moved from her condo to her new place a few years ago, her new house smelled like her old house did.

And I don't think that my sense of smell is that sensitive.

Maybe it's a combination of products one uses that creates each unique scent.  I think it has to do with who inhabits a dwelling.

It's not just houses.  A Publix smells different from a Sweetbay, which smells different from a Winn-Dixie.  Surely I can't be the first to notice this?  Almost all K-Marts smell alike.

I'm sharing this, 'cause whenever I come home from being gone for awhile, my house doesn't smell right.  Like I said, my husband thinks I'm nuts.  But when we pulled in at about six o'-clock last night and I walked in the house, it didn't smell like home.  I've been home almost 24 hours and the fragrance (which is generally unnoticeable to me, except when it's off) is about back in balance.

Whew.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment