Monday, May 3, 2010

Dreams

I've always had vivid dreams and nightmares.  I can still remember some of the horrible nightmares I had as a child; they usually involved beasts with sharp teeth chasing me and wanting to eat me.  They had usually already eaten my family.

As a programmer on WMNF for the past 20 years, I've had my share of dead air nightmares.  The are universal amongst programmers; every one I've asked has experienced them.  The theme usually involves dead air.  There is some...thing preventing me from getting a song on the air.  I'm locked out of the air studio, I can't find anything to play, I've already played all the CDs, I can't get the equipment to work, I can't get the CD to cue up.   Last week, right before marathon, my dream had people coming in and out of the studio while I had the mike open, talking, laughing and joking, banging the door, as if the air studio was any other room in the building. The list is endless of the things that have gone wrong in my dreams about me being on air.  I guess it's a variation of the naked dream.

So it was refreshing to have a good dream about me being on my bike.  It was Friday night, after I had successfully jumped the log.  I dreamt I was in the mountains, and I made the climbs and descents without any problems, and I felt myself pedal through a rocky mountain stream.  It wasn't a long dream and I don't remember much of it, but it was nice to wake up to a positive vibe vs. a negative one.

No comments:

Post a Comment